Resources for Ridley-Lowell Students
Timothy D. Larson

Timothy D. Larson

Executive Director



Academic Program Search

Postsecondary Career Schools

News Room

Out-Of-State Online Registration

Related Links

State Statutes & Legislative Updates


Student Transcripts

Alternate Route to Certification Alternate Route to Certification

Connecticut Commission on Community Service

Regulations of CT State Agencies
Connecticut Still Revolutionary


Resources for Ridley-Lowell Students


Business Education Updated Transfer Opportunities for Ridley-Lowell Students


Business Education To receive updates, please complete and return this information sheet to us at


Options Available to Students

   •  Transfer - You may elect to transfer your previous earned coursework to another school pending the school’s review of your transcript. Under this option, you would have to re-apply for financial aid through the new school in which you are enrolling. You would remain responsible for your previous loans and may have to obtain additional loans or aid to complete your studies. Students who are looking to transfer to another school should visit to view the list of approved occupational schools in Connecticut.


   •  Discharge/Forgiveness of Loans - Students who have significant amounts of federal loans, and who do not choose a transfer option, may have their federal loans discharged due to the sudden closure of these schools. Student who enrolled recently at Ridley-Lowell, and who are responsible for repaying large amounts of federal loans, may want to give this option serious consideration. Federal law provides that student impacted by school closures may be eligible to have their federal loans discharged. Only those students who elect NOT to participate in any “Transfer” arrangement may pursue this option. For more information on this option, visit



The Connecticut Office of Higher Education is in the process of procuring Ridley- Lowell’s student records.  Once these are received, students may obtain a copy of their student transcript by downloading, printing, and completing a Request Form available at Mail your signed copy to the Transcript Release Officer, Office of Higher Education, 450 Columbus Blvd. Suite 707, Hartford, CT 06103-1841. Faxed or emailed copies cannot be accepted as an original signature is required.


Veterans Affairs Educational Benefits

The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) has a separate application process to request a restoration of VA educational benefits.


Please review the online application fully and submit your completed signed application to the DVA as outlined on the form. You may find this application on the DVA website, Remember to keep copies of all forms submitted to the VA and follow up with the U.S. DVA for information regarding your request by calling 888-442-4551. For additional information please visit the U.S. DVA website:


Connecticut Student Protection Fund

Impacted students who paid out of pocket for part or all of their tuition, or who have taken out personal loans (excluding federal loans) to pay for studies at these schools, may be eligible for tuition reimbursement from the Connecticut Private Occupational School Student Protection Fund. For applications, contact





450 Columbus Boulevard, Suite 707, Hartford, CT  06103-1841, Phone:  860-947-1800

Home | | Send Feedback

State of Connecticut Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. Copyright 2002 - 2015 State of Connecticut logo